PDA

View Full Version : Sidhbaba cub from Bandhavgarh

Anup Ranadive
22-06-2010, 11:08 AM
This is one of the two cubs from Sidhbaba female's current litter.
Shot this image on the evening of 2nd May around 4.30-5pm under overcast (yes overcast) conditions in Bandhavgarh. Thereafter, it started pouring and we had to cut short our safari. Mom and the other cub were enjoying their evening siesta and were difficult to photograph.

P.S. I don't have exif details now, will post it later from my home PC.

Thanks,
Anup

Mrudul Godbole
22-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Lovely eye contact. I liked the pose. The compositon is nice. You got a nice opening to photograph. Wish the light had been better. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more from Bandhavgarh.

Bibhav Behera
22-06-2010, 11:27 AM
The details are nice. The image looks sharp despite what looks like low lighting. The out of focus foliage along the image border helps keep the eye on the tiger cub. Overall this is nice and I like the habitat displayed. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
22-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Cute fellow. Watching it would have been a real pleasure.

The framing and composition is nice. It can be tough to get a clear opening. This looks like clicked at low light under overcast sky. However, brightening the image a bit will be ok. Not sure about the shutter speed and ISO etc. Any noise reduction done? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Anup Ranadive
22-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the comments.
How I wish lighting was good and the view was unrestricted :)

Sabyasachi, you are right, it was indeed a pleasure watching this cub snack on a deer kill, drink from the stream, clean itself and finally chase a mongoose :-)

I haven't run it through Neat Image, but someone had asked me this ques before. On my iMac, the BG looks fine, donno if details are lost while converting from RGB to sRGB while saving for the web.

Any suggestions are more than welcome.
Mrudul, I'll post more from Bandhavgarh for sure :-)

Thanks.

V S Sankar
23-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Nice image and congratulations on capturing a good picture under difficult conditions.Good work

Regards