PDA

View Full Version : Dear all...!

Tolstoy Rajangam
22-06-2010, 11:11 AM
This is Dr.Tolstoy, Associate Prof of Medicine at Coimbatore. I am interested in conservation and also a non-serious wildlife photographer. Tourism → wildlife tourism → wildlife photography → conservation will be my metamorphosis.

Have done some 2 dozen medical camps (No external funding), initially for the tribes and currently only for the APWs (Anti poaching watchers).

Currently my focus is on the grossly neglected, temporarily employed APWs and the condition of anti poaching camps in this part. I personally feel improving these two will protect our forests better than anything else. Within my and my friends’ capacity, we have provided kitchen vessels and trekking mats for all the anti poaching camps of Satyamangalam and blankets for all the APWs of Satyamangalam.

I promote conservation photography strongly.

I very much appreciate the conservation content of this site.

Regards, Tolstoy

Mrudul Godbole
22-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Hello Dr,

It is nice to know about the conservation activites you are involved in. I agree that improving the living conditions for the anti poaching watchers will definitely help them to live better and in turn help to protect the animals from poachers.

These individual efforts from all of us will only help to save our fast vanishing wilderness. I appreciate the efforts taken by you and your friends.

It will be really good to know more about your activities. So please keep updating us.

Regards,
Mrudul

Bibhav Behera
22-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Hi Dr,
Welcome to Indiawilds.
Good to know about efforts. Motivation is a very big factor for people working to save the forests and wildlife. Such efforts go a long way in motivating them. Appreciate your work. Look forward to your participation in the forums.

Sabyasachi Patra
22-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Dr Tolstoy,
I was in Satyamangalam with Mr. R Arumugam. He was talking eloquent about you. We stayed in the anti poaching camp. Thanks for your efforts, we didn't need to carry cooking utensils.

It is very heartening to hear about your efforts. I strongly feel that the people engaged in protection of our wildlife and wilderness areas, need to be taken care of. I think if the Government can provide rations for its soldiers, similarly the watchers, forest guard etc are the foot soldiers patrolling our wilderness areas and hence need to be given a better treatment.

You can post your self photo here, so that people can recognise you in the field. Thanks for your introduction and details about your work. I am sure, a few more people will be motivated by it.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Roopak Gangadharan
24-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Welcome Dr, really enjoyed ur pics, a very different perspective.Hope to se more here.:001_smile:

Regards
Roopak