PDA

View Full Version : sitana ponticeriana

Jitendra Katre
26-06-2010, 04:01 PM
canon 450d,tamron 90mm,f-3.2,1/125,iso-200

Mrudul Godbole
26-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Nice head on angle. The eye is sharp. Have you selectively blurred the background? There are some highlights on the tip of the mouth, you can try to recover the details. Different composition. Thanks for sharing.

Bibhav Behera
26-06-2010, 07:55 PM
I like the choice of angle. The eye looks good. I agree that the DOF looks really shallow. You can tone down the hotspots near the tip of the lower jaw as already suggested by Mrudul. Thanks for sharing.

Jitendra Katre
26-06-2010, 08:20 PM
anyway while doing extreme close-up photography yuo don't get lot of DOF, here because of very low light i had to use wide aperture resulting even narrower DOF.agree about burn-out areas..

Sabyasachi Patra
26-06-2010, 08:56 PM
The shallow depth of field can be creative as well. It would have been better if you could have moved to the left and photographed the other eye. That would have helped as light was from your left, and you would have got the highlights under control. You may try to experiment with focussing slightly ahead of the eye so that the eye is in focus as well as the tip of the nose. There are many possibilities in such situations. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi