PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Lizard @ Bhadra

Praveen Siddannavar
28-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Sorry guys for being inactive for past 2 weeks, it has been busy at work and at home I am busy watching FIFA World Cup:)

Last week few friends arrived from overseas and we had a get-together at River Tern Lodge (Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary). The trip was more of meeting friends and spending time together however I managed to go for safaris rides & do a bit of photography.

I am sharing an image of a Monitor Lizard, infact I sighted plenty of them but could get them in full, only one image is worth sharing.The weather was good for relaxing but not good for photography:sad:, overall we had a great time though.

Camera Model Canon EOS 40D, 100-400mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/800
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO 400
Focal length 400mm
Hand held

Praveen Siddannavar
28-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Sabyasachi - can you please move it to "Others Sections",thanks

Mrudul Godbole
28-06-2010, 09:10 PM
The eye contact is nice. Wish the leaves were not directly infront of it, but that doesn't distract much. The low angle is good. You have captured well in the given conditions. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
28-06-2010, 09:33 PM
I agree that some separation between the leaf and the head would have been good. Though you were in Bhadra, it is surprising that you didn't get to see a big cat. Did you forget to carry your lucky charm? :D

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
30-06-2010, 08:15 AM
The composition is nice. Good that you got the eye in the clear. Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
30-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Nice low angle, agree about the leaves. TFS.