Vishwanath M K
29-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Photographed in the month of May 2010 at Nagarholle .N.P
Nikon D200
Nikkor 300 mm F/4 ED IFS
F/4 Aperture Used

Mrudul Godbole
29-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Beautiful eye contact. I liked the perch and the composition. Nice clear background. Very well captured. Thanks fo sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
29-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Nice pose. I like the looks. Piercing eye contact. :D Less space at the top would be better as it will help in eliminating a few bright spots. Slightly more brightness will also enhance this image. The perch has come out well. With the raised crest, this looks nice. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
30-06-2010, 08:01 AM
Lovely eye contact. The composition is nice. The details are good. Has the background been additionally blurred? Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
30-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Stunning image. Lovely details. I would crop it a little from the left.
What were the ISO and shutter speed values?

AB Apana
02-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Good image Vishwanath. I only wish the highlight immediately behind the head was not there.

Apaan

Steve Lockett
06-07-2010, 10:46 PM
I don't mind the highlights in the bokeh, but I can see why others may find them distracting. Not sure about the suggested crop, either, as the bird has very little room to move into and taking away from the frame left would make it feel more claustrophobic overall in my opinion.
Perhaps it could be improved by making a selection of the eyes in Photoshop and selectively lightening or lifting the yellow hue channel to add to that malevalent stare?

It is very good to be able to see the crest without having to see the bird in profile.

Vishwanath M K
07-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Dear Sir, I Do less Post Processing, The Post processing that i do is converting NEF Raw to Jpeg, Resizing the Picture to 800*600 Px or 402 * 600px, Level Adjustment or Shadow - Highlight adjustment, and Rarely Sharpening the Picture or Cropping the Picture. and I Like to See the Picture as it is taken from the camera! Thanks For Suggestions !
Regards
Vishwanath M K

Akshay Kumar Manjunath
07-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Superb photography Vishwanath, Nice pose i like the eye contact. And very well captured .

Thanks for Sharing
Regards,
Akshay

Steve Lockett
10-07-2010, 03:59 AM
I Like to See the Picture as it is taken from the camera!

Can't argue with that, but sometimes the camera does not record accurately what is seen by the eye and other times a little tweak here and there will add some more depth to an otherwise excellent image.
On the whole, I salute your stance.

And I still think it is a superb portrait anyway.

Sabyasachi Patra
10-07-2010, 01:28 PM
I agree with Vishwanath regarding cropping. I too don't crop unless I am showing something. I believe it is better to compose in the camera. Ofcourse, I do slight changes in levels, constrast etc however those are minimal and doesn't change the reality of the scene. Whenever the suggestion of cropping etc are given here, it is basically to point out that the camera can be moved left, right, closer etc.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi