lens: 10-22mm
Iso:100
Apeture f/10
Shutter:1/125
Ev : -0.67

Marumi polarizing filter used

Mrudul Godbole
08-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Beautiful view. The cloud patterns look good. I liked the composition. Thanks for sharing.

Bibhav Behera
09-07-2010, 04:45 PM
I like the view. A bit more brightness would be great. Why are the edges dark? Did you use a smaller CPL than 77mm for your 10-22?

I like the placement of the lake in the frame. Wish the partially lit tree were a bit more dominant in the frame. Overall I like this. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
09-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Same question as Bibhav. Why are the edges dark? Are you fitting the polariser over the UV filter? Are you using a third party lens hood. At times the lens hood, if not properly designed, can create dark edges.

Subramanya Shankar
12-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Hi Sabyasachi

I am using the filter directly over the lens and not connecting to the UV filter. Addition to this i am not using any hood either. I guess it the nature of the polarizing filter which causes the dark edges to appear.

Sabyasachi Patra
12-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Hi Subramanya,
At 10mm this is likely to result in vignetting with normal filters. To avoid vignetting, you have to get the Slim version of the polarising filter. I have never used marumi filters, so can't say. You can find the Slim versions in B+W and Hoya. These are mostly available in India.

Your marumi polariser will work fine with other lenses having 77mm thread and wont result in dark edges/vignetting.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Subramanya Shankar
12-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Hi Sabyasachi

Can u point me to any stores in bangalore where i can get the slim version. The filter i am using currently is quite hefty