PDA

View Full Version : Shuttlecock Mushroom

Abhishek Jamalabad
18-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Photographed at Kondane near Mumbai. I had no idea how to compose this image :-(, so it is pretty much a record shot. However, I wanted to share it as I found this species particularly interesting.

Clathrus sps., commonly known as the shuttlecock mushroom. A member of the Stinkhorn fungus family, though unlike its relatives, it doesn't emit any foul odour. Found growing in clusters on dead wood.

Camera Model Name Canon PowerShot SX10 IS
Tv (Shutter Speed) 1/60
Av (Aperture Value) 3.5 (forgot to narrow it :-P)
ISO Speed 100
Cropped, and levels adjusted.

Thanks, C&C welcome.

Mrudul Godbole
18-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Nice record image. You could have if possible tried to avoid the stone in the foreground.A closer view would have enhanced the composition further. Thanks for the detailed information. Look forward to more.

Sabyasachi Patra
18-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Abhishek,
Thanks for the interesting information. I

Actually, you need two views. One is this ground level wide view of the scene. The other has to be close up to see details. Even in the present case, a slightly closer view would have been better as well as a narrow aperture. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
19-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Good to know about the species. I am fine with the DOF here. A macro version of this would be nice as well. Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
19-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments.
@Bibhav: This was shot in Macro at the shortest focal length. Should have tried a higher focal length too. :-(