PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Cub At Bandhavgarh

Rajiv Gautam
18-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Taken 15 June 2010 at Bandhavgarh National Park.
Canon EOS 7D + 100-400L IS
ISO 2500, f/8, 1/200s, 0 ev, 400mm, hand-held using Kirk grip
Processed with Apple's Aperture 3.0.3 with no crop

All criticisms & comments are welcome.

Mrudul Godbole
18-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Amazing eye contact. Sharp. The details are nice. A bit wider composition to include the paws would have enhanced the image further. The low angle is nice. Which cub is this? Look forward to more from Bandhavgarh. Thanks for sharing.

Rajiv Gautam
18-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks Mrudul. I will do better next time, as this was the first time seeing the tiger in the wild and one must stop looking through the viewfinder as one is filled with joy and excitement.

I don't know which cub it is, but the mother has 2 cubs.

Sabyasachi Patra
18-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Rajiv,
I like the engaging looks. The light appears to be low. I agree that a slightly wider focal length would have helped in getting the entire paw, however it doesn't detract much from the image. Moving the camera slightly to the right with the present focal length would have been good. As that would have moved the head more to the left and reduced the out of focus tree at the left. A vertical of the face would also have been nice.

Look forward to more images.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Rajiv Gautam
19-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Sabyaschiji,

You are correct, the light is low as the forest was quite dense and I didn't want to exceed ISO 2500 on the 7D for fear of noise and loss of detail. I was concentrated on keeping the face at the maximum focal length and in the center of frame, and hence ignored the other elements.

V S Sankar
19-07-2010, 08:50 AM
A very good picture indeed.I can understand the excitement of seeing a wild animal.Fantastic photo.Good work

Regards

Bibhav Behera
19-07-2010, 03:48 PM
An intimate picture. I agree with the comments made above. The whites near the head and the leaf near its leg look blown. You can try toning them down a bit. Nice image. Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
19-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Lovely image, the eye contact is excellent. Agree about including the paw and it will be nice if you reduce the highlights
tfs