PDA

View Full Version : Small Blue Kingfisher Series#1

Praveen Siddannavar
26-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Last weekend I visited a coffee estate near Chickmaglur called Hidden Valley, the estate has a nice spring water pond. Two Small Blue Kingfishers seem to be resident over there. I have got quite a few images of this couple including making a perfect catch...

Camera Model Canon EOS 40D, 100-400mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/80
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO 400
Focal length 400mm
Hand held

Bibhav Behera
26-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Nice composition Praveen. A lower angle would have been great here. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
26-07-2010, 10:11 AM
I agree. A lower angle would have taken it a notch up. Also, you would have been able to avoid the sunshine reflected in the water in the top portion of the frame. The colours have come well. A longer focal length would have been great here. Which side of Chikmagalur is this estate? I have been there but don't remember this estate.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
26-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Low angle was not possible as I was hiding behind the tree which was on the slope & lots of leeches around:sad:, also to make things worse it was drizzling on/off. If I went down near the water the birds would fly. I felt I should have had 500mm;)

Sabyasachi - For "The Hidden Valley" we don't have to go to Chickmaglur, from Hasan to Belur and from Belur-Gendehally-Bascal-Handi Market. From Belur it is 30 mins drive.

Mrudul Godbole
26-07-2010, 10:55 AM
The perch and the eye contact is nice. Agree with the above comments. Look forward to see more in this series :). Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
26-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Nice composition. Agree that a lower angle would have been great. I think there is a bit of shake in the image due to the low SS.

V S Sankar
27-07-2010, 08:17 AM
This is a very good picture.I like the looks of the birds.Great job done.

Praveen,Kemmangundi is not far off from here.I remember visiting that place long ago.

Regards