Tiger Ramesh
26-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Friends.

I just bought the following:

1. EOS 7D Body
2. EF 24-70/2.8, USM
3. EF 70-200/2.8, IS II USM
4. EF 100-400/4.5-5.6, IS USM

Is there a good Canon workshop program in Bangalore where in I can learn how to use these equipment to their fullest capabilities?

Thanks

Praveen Siddannavar
26-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Congrats Tiger for the new gear, coincidentally even I bought a 7D over the weekend.
One option is you can learn in this forum with help from Sabyasachi/Mrudul/Bibhav, I learnt a lot here from these guys.

Alternatively
contact Giri Cavale or Sudhir Shivram, they can even arrange a 1-1 if required.

For 7D features there is video tutorial :
Please check the link in the Photography Tips and Workflow: http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2936

Sabyasachi Patra
26-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Congratulations on your new equipment! You can now cover wide sceneries to large mammals and even birds perched close by. With your travel schedule, I am happy that more of wilderness areas can be documented.

Canon itself allows several photographers to teach photography to newbies under their Canon Edge program. There are also few wildlife photographers, like Praveen mentioned, who conduct workshops in bangalore with various degrees of success. If Apana would have been around, then I would have recommended his name.

I am travelling to bangalore frequently. I would also be visiting bangalore the week next to talk to a large audience about conservation issues. You can mail me, so that I can bring you upto speed.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Tiger Ramesh
02-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Praveen and Sabs
Thank you for your inputs.
For starters I have registered with Canon Edge for a program on 14th August.
I will also check with Apana.

I will continue to check this section of Indiawilds which is providing tremendous inputs on camera and equipments :)

Thanks