PDA

View Full Version : Close Chap...

Bibhav Behera
27-07-2010, 12:02 AM
Got this in Kabini. Light was low. I wanted a vertical, but I messed all of them up :(. In the excitement I even forgot that I had a monopod resting right next to me in the vehicle. This one was the one in the series which I thought could be reproduced here. :)
Slight crop from bottom and right.

Canon 1000D, Canon EF 300mm f/4L IS handheld
SS 1/25 (+0.33)
f/4
ISO 200

Comments and Critiques Welcome.

V S Sankar
27-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Excellent shot Bibhav.The looks are stunning.You got it sharp.Good work

Akshay Kumar Manjunath
27-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Excellent shot Bibhav,
I like the eye contact and the image is sharp.

I agree that when you see stuning creatures like this you will be excited.

Praveen Siddannavar
27-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Nice composition Bibhav, the ss is low but the image is quite sharp. The eye contact is good, wish you had got the CSE in full. Is AF locked on the left branch?
tfs

Bibhav Behera
27-07-2010, 08:41 AM
The Branch and the Eye are in the same plane, hence it is in focus as well. The image is sharp at 100% viewing.
I did get the bird in full by clicking verticals, but messed most up with the low shutter speed.
Guess I need to work more on my handholding technique. :mad:

Sabyasachi Patra
28-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Some how the neck portion seems a bit stretched. :-) If you are not clicking flight, then better to fine tune the focus with manually. In the long teles one can fine tune the focus manually, however in the others it cant be done. So if the bird is stationary, then better to do manual focussing. That will help when you blow up the image ie. print big.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
28-07-2010, 01:39 PM
The eye contact is nice. You could have increased the ISO for a higher shutter speed. Thanks for sharing.