PDA

View Full Version : Leopard @ Kabini!

Praveen Siddannavar
03-08-2010, 08:34 AM
This is full frame and no PP done because I am completely confused as how to compose this. After converting to jpg thru LR the quality is going to as low as 30 to get a < 200 kb image.

I will appreciate if you can share you thoughts/ideas to compose and for PP, thanks in advance

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 100-400mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/100
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO 800
Focal length 400mm
Full Frame & Hand held

Sabyasachi Patra
03-08-2010, 12:02 PM
It is good to see that you have got the face in the clear opening. Without the face in the clear, the image would not have had any meaning. The curved tree branch and the lantana over it frames the leopard.

As is expected in such situations, light is low. In these situations, switch on the live view mode and zoom in and fine tune the focus. For that you have to rest the lens on the vehicle to get it stable.

Sad to see lantana even on top of the branch. This invasive was brought to India as a flowering plant. Now see how monstrous their growth is.

It is amazing that someone can sight the leopard through such thick canopy.

Since you were using ISO 800, the file size becomes an issue and you have to use a lower quality to get it under 200 kb. You can also use the feature of specifying the maximum file size. It is there in lightroom 3. To get the file size under 200 kb, I place the limit to about 175kb, as the signature takes up some space as well.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
03-08-2010, 02:17 PM
It truly well hidden. Its good that you got the face in clear. How long was the sighting? Is this full frame? Could you get any images in the clear? Thanks for sharing.

V S Sankar
03-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Nice one Praveen.This picture epitomises the stealthy attitude of the animal.Good capture.

Regards

Bibhav Behera
05-08-2010, 08:05 AM
Lovely to see a leopard. My leopard luck has always been bad. The habitat is nicely shown. Thanks for sharing.