PDA

View Full Version : Nilgiri Tahr Clos up....

V S Sankar
03-08-2010, 07:52 PM
The nilgiri tahrs dont present themselves every time you visit the Eravikulam NP.As is the case with any wild animal watching them requires luck as well.The cinemascopic pupil of the eye is a speciality of the Tahrs......

Canon 400d,55-250is,5.6,1/200,iso 400,Cropped the image

Regards

Sabyasachi Patra
03-08-2010, 09:23 PM
I think you were at a higher angle than the tahr. A lower angle would have been very engaging. Some more space at the right and bottom would have moved the head from the centre position. In tight closeups, it is critical to get the focus on the eye. Normally, the autofocus will latch on to the area of more contrast. Were all the focus points active?

The colours have come out well. They have beautiful eyes. It is said that a german researcher started feeding them with salt to make them accustomed to human presence. Else, it was difficult to observe the Nilgiri Tahrs from a closer distance. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
03-08-2010, 10:15 PM
The close up is nice. I think the grass near the left side behind the Tahr is in focus . You can check the focus point in DPP. The eye contact is nice. You are lucky to get so many sightings and so close :). Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
04-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Good close shot Sankar, te eye contact and details are good.
tfs

Bibhav Behera
05-08-2010, 08:35 AM
I like the view. Agree that going lower if possible would have been good. I agree about the point of focus. Thanks for sharing.