PDA

View Full Version : Leopard - hide out series#2

Praveen Siddannavar
04-08-2010, 07:39 AM
Shot this at Kabini, credit to Shivanand my favorite Naturalist for spotting this. There was one jeep of Cicada Resorts who passed the spot unnoticed.

Mrudul the sighting lasted for 10 mins at S band Salt pit, the Leopard was not moving and the tree was too small barely 12 ft height but covered with leaves and branches, we were at a distance of over 50 ft and due to low light & slight drizzle I could get any good images. It turned towards us a couple of times and I managed to click few shots. Later it jumped down and disappeared in the under growth. But we were all excited because this was the first sighting as we entered the park and in addition I had my chairman who was really thrilled.

Sabyasachi the lantana was grown probably because the tree was too small, we generally don't them on trees.

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 100-400mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/100
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO 800
Focal length 400mm
Full Frame & Hand held

Sabyasachi Patra
04-08-2010, 03:42 PM
I wish you could have moved slightly to the right. That would have enhanced the eye contact. Look forward to more.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
04-08-2010, 08:43 PM
I agree moving to the right if possible would have helped to avoid the branch in the foreground and increased the eye contact. Your Chairman is really lucky to sight a Leopard in his first safari :). Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
06-08-2010, 01:23 PM
praveen,

Nice image ...

If im not wrong wasn’t ur boss with you for a tiger sighting??? now a leopard for the chairman.... so when is the big raise and the 400 mm coming... :)

Regards
Roopak