PDA

View Full Version : Bandipur Tiger II

Sabyasachi Patra
06-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Same tiger as posted earlier from bandipur.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, Canon EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM, 1/400, f5.6, ISO 800, full frame image. I wish the leaves didn't block the left eye (right in the frame) a bit.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

V S Sankar
06-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Great image.The foliage has added a special mood to this pic.It seems Agastya was in a roaring mood.Good capture

Regards

Mrudul Godbole
07-08-2010, 10:16 AM
You have captured the yawn nicley. The foliage in the foreground gives a nice feel of the habitat. I dont mind the leaf blocking the eye, it retains the natural look. Thanks for sharing.

Bibhav Behera
07-08-2010, 06:18 PM
The yawn is nice. I agree about the blocked eye, but its not an image killer. The DOF looks adequate. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
07-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Nice behaviour captured Sabyasachi, I am just loving these images
tfs

Prashanth Gokul Dwarapu
08-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Is it a yawn or is it a snarl ? I think I see aggression in his eyes. But whatever be the mood it presents an awesome sight!

Sabyasachi Patra
08-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Prashanth,
It started yawning and ended up snarling at a tourist jeep.

It was raining and we were searching for this tiger in the same area. Finally when we saw it, I clicked a few images and then it moved into the bush. The driver immediately called up and informed others. So three more vehicles landed up and we were waiting for this tiger to come out for about half an hour. Then the tiger came out, yawned and looked at the jeep nearby and gave a snarl. It is interesting how swiftly the expressions can change.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi