PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Frog....

V S Sankar
07-08-2010, 10:07 PM
This frog was sitting on the middle of the trekpath in the Agastyamalai Biosphere reserve.Before I could take any more pictures it jumped and went out of view.....

Canon 400d,55-250is,iso4005.6,1/60,flash fired

Regards

Sabyasachi Patra
08-08-2010, 01:03 PM
The shutter speed was pretty low. The flash has helped in giving some definition. It is good that you got the view of the entire body. Did you get a shot from a lower angle?
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
08-08-2010, 04:59 PM
It's a good record shot. Not very sure but I think this is a Bicoloured Frog Clinotarsus curtipes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicolored_Frog

TFS

Lakshminarayanan Nataraja
09-08-2010, 10:14 AM
To me, this frog does'nt look like a bi-coloured frog. The area in which Sankar has shot this photo is in fact home to bi-coloured frogs (Agasthiyamalai is in Ashambu hills of South W.ghats) and is one of the richest areas for amphibians.

May be we need to check other similar species before confirming identity. Black band is conspicuous throughout the body of bi-coloured frogs even in youngones.

Mrudul Godbole
09-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Nice record. Wish you could have got some more photographs. Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
09-08-2010, 06:59 PM
I beg your pardon, this is not a Bicoloured Frog.
As rightly mentioned by Lakshminarayanan, bicoloured frogs have a conspicuous continuous black band separating the yellow on top from a darker colour below. Also, bicoloured frogs have an obtusely pointed snout, as opposed to this one which has an acutely tapering one.

Eager to ID this species... :)