16-08-2010, 02:08 PM
500D
1/100
f5
ISO 800.
pp in Lightroom.

Mrudul Godbole
16-08-2010, 04:54 PM
The composition is nice. The the raindrops give a nice feel of the monsoons. Wish the bright light in the background was not present. Thanks for sharing.

Bibhav Behera
16-08-2010, 05:22 PM
I like the composition and the colours. I agree that the bright patch in the background is distracting. The out of focus blurred raindrops look good. Thanks for sharing.

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
16-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Thanks. This one is without the bright patch.

Mrudul Godbole
17-08-2010, 02:06 PM
The repost looks good. Have you cloned the bright patch?

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
17-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Yap.Cloned it.:)
Thanks
Dr.Kakati

Mrudul Godbole
17-08-2010, 02:34 PM
In this forum we normally don't encourage cloning. The suggestions are given so that we can keep them in mind and next time try to take precautions while photographing.

There are some situations when it is not possible to avoid the distractions, so we can try our best to compose so the distraction can be reduced. To display the natural habitat as it is important. Hope you too feel the same.

Cheers,

Sabyasachi Patra
17-08-2010, 08:02 PM
I like the image idea. Move around the place and try to visualise which angle is better. After a while, one immediately notices the distractions and learns to avoid those.

It is better to visualise the image and create it in the camera. In most of the reputed competitions, cropping and cloning are not allowed. If you are cloning something then it clearly becomes a digital illustration rather than photograph.

People often try to mask poor technique by cloning, selective sharpening etc. That will more likely stop the person in learning.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi