View Full Version : Eurasian Collared Dove!

Praveen Siddannavar
31-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Shot this in my farm on 20th Aug'10 (Friday), this couple was perched on a eucalyptus tree. I beleive they are building a nest close by, had never sighted them before. I was also happy to sight 5-6 White Cheeked Barbet for the first time in my farm:thumbup:, I have clicked images but just a record shots will share them soon...

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm, 1.4x TC
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/400
Av( Aperture Value ) 8
ISO 200
Focal length 700mm
Full frame and Hand Held

Sabyasachi Patra
31-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Eucalyptus? Brings down the watertable. :-(

Nice pair. The poses are complimentary. Please prepare a checklist of birds that you sight in your farm and the dates. That would be good.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
31-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Nice perch and eye contact. Its good you got both of them in the frame nicely. Will have to visit your farm for some birding :). Thanks for sharing.

Bibhav Behera
31-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Seems they are on an Eucalyptus tree. Not an endemic species of the forests... :)
The dual pose looks nice. Some more detail in the feathers would have been nice. Thanks for sharing.

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
31-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Nice shot.A bit more details would have been good.Thanks for sharing.

Kalpa

Praveen Siddannavar
31-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Sabyasachi - Eucalyptus trees have grown up now i can't cut, ~ 80-100 tress are fully grown, this year due to insufficient rains my bore well is already dried up. i am hoping that if rains heavy next few weeks the bore well will get charged.

Mrudul - I offered you to visit the farm while you were in Bandipur, you didn't go so you lost the opportunity:thumbdown: