PDA

View Full Version : Face to Face

Bhargava Srivari
31-08-2010, 05:35 PM
This beast was spotted in bandipur..

Mrudul Godbole
31-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Nice eye contact and stride. Some more brightness would be better. I would also have liked some more space all around. When was this photographed? Is this Ram the new male? It doesnt look like Agastya. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
31-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Big guy,nice pose...wont like it being called Beast.

For what we are doing to them we are 100 times more BEASTIER.:)

Sabyasachi Patra
31-08-2010, 09:19 PM
This is a big guy. It would be easier for us to comment if you mention the following:
1)which camera
2) lens
3) shutter speed
4) aperture
5) ISO used and
6) how much crop is the image.

Did you click in RAW or jpeg? How did you process your image?

I agree with Roopak. We have learnt using the word beast on such a majestic creation of God. During the british era, they used to classify tigers, leopards, dholes, snow leopards etc as vermin and announced reward to kill those.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bhargava Srivari
31-08-2010, 09:54 PM
@ Sabyasachi: I'll make sure to include all the details from my next post..

the tiger was spotted near the moolapura circle on the morning of 14th August..and again on the morning of 15th august at the same place..this is RAM-the new male

Bibhav Behera
31-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Sure is a huge guy. This image could do with a bit more brightness. More space overall would have been nice.

PS: Please avoid using the @ sign. You can address directly by using the name. :)

Cheers.

Sabyasachi Patra
01-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Bhargava,
The idea is to actually visualise the scene and then offer suggestions so to how differently we can approach the scene. Most of the times, due to the exhilaration of the sighting results we are unable to do justice to the scene. Analysing these situations helps in being ready when we face similar scene again.

I would like to see the uncropped version of the image. Too often we try to take a close up and forget that environmental images can be much more pleasing.

The @ sign often used in online sites often becomes impersonal in nature. So it is better to just use the name to address a person.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi