PDA

View Full Version : Grey Hooded Warbler

Dipankar Mazumdar
01-09-2010, 09:29 AM
Grey Hooded warbler ( My son says so...!!!) from the jungles near Pangoot, Uttarakhand

EOS 50D+300F4 at 1/320, f5.6, ISO 1600

This Busy bird in between its hopping chose to entertain us with a most melodious tweeting.

i wish i could have got the bird in the clear, but no such luck.

Look forward to comments

Cheers
Dipankar

Mrudul Godbole
01-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Sweet bird. I agree about the perch, but it is good that you got the eye in the clear. Nicely captured in the given conditions. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
01-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Dipankar,
The framing between the branches is nice. It would have been great if there would have been more separation between the beak and the branch on the right. Else, the composition is fine. Your images are tempting me to plan a trip there. The thought of carrying my lens and trekking gives me nightmares. :(

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Roopak Gangadharan
01-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Nice and sharp. TFS

Dipankar Mazumdar
01-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Ha Hahahaha Sabyasachi da, maybe you should look at the 400 f2.8 IS L II which is said to be 18% lighter....!!!!

Sabyasachi Patra
01-09-2010, 09:15 PM
400 f2.8 L IS II USM ! It is only 11000 USD. ha ha ha.

It is almost 2 lakh rupees costlier than my 400 f2.8 L IS USM lens. Frankly speaking I knew that the new lens will be costlier, but this pricing has actually stunned me. Hiring a porter who can carry my equipment (and pull me up the hill as well :D ) would be cheaper.

The new lens is good. There are two fluorite lens elements as opposed to 1 fluorite element in my lens. Also, one should remember that it takes time to grow the fluorite element and hence it would be costlier. Also, there is a new power focussing mode which is good for filming and the new IS system. The specs certainly make it desirable. Highly recommended for you and Anu Sachdeva. ;)

Let me see when I can review the lens.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi