PDA

View Full Version : Experimental tiger image

Bhargava Srivari
01-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Hi All

Tried to get a half-portrait of a tiger in bandipura...hope you all like it!!:001_smile:

Equipment: canon 450D/rebel xsi
EF 70-300mm; picture taken at 70mm
f/11, ISO 1600

Mrudul Godbole
01-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Nice image. Wish the tiger was not against the light. I would have liked a bit more space at the bottom to include its paws. Nicely captured. Did you get any closeups? Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
01-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Bhargava,
What time was it photographed? Morning or evening?

Did you click in Raw or in jpeg? How did you convert your image?

Is this a full frame image? Or did you crop the image?

The saturation appears to be a bit high. Some more space at the bottom would have been good, as the paws appear to be clipped. It is a good practice to keep more space in the direction the animal is looking of moving in. At present you have included more of the body of the tiger and there is a hint of the rear leg. Our eyes move along the body of the tiger towards the left of the frame and find the hint of leg and stops there. The mind wants to find more where as there is none. So it is better to show less of the tiger at the left and give more space at the right. That will result in the eyes trying to move in the direction the tiger is moving.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
01-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Lovely sighting, I fully agree with comments made by Sabyasachi
tfs

Bhargava Srivari
02-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Sabyasachi

Thank you very much for the advice...I'll try to keep it mind when shooting next time:)