PDA

View Full Version : Quack!!!

Bibhav Behera
08-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Spent some good time with this Spot Billed Duck from up close in Karanji Lake, Mysore.
I have images of it fully in the frame. Wanted to post from that series (The vertical which I posted earlier) however I faced some serious problems with the exposure as the light was such that the breast plumage was getting over exposed also the rear feathers were getting clipped in the same frame. Hence posting this one from another angle.

Comments and critiques welcome
1000D with 300 f/4 +1.4x
SS 1/500
f/6.3
ISO 400

Mrudul Godbole
09-09-2010, 07:07 PM
The eye contact is nice. The open beak is a plus. Wish the dark patch behind the head was not present. Do post the other images to compare. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
09-09-2010, 07:58 PM
The open mouth is a big plus.

The contrast is higher. Light appears to be pretty strong. Side lighting is not the best friend in bird photography as the shadows don't help in showing up details. The sharpening is on the higher side here. The branch/black patch just behind the head is an irritant on an otherwise nice pose.

Did you try without the 1.4x at f4 ?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
09-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the comments. You are right, the light was pretty strong and from the left side, so the right side was getting underexposed. I agree about the dark patch.

I will post an image where the whole body is visible.
I should have taken this with the bare 300mm. Guess I didn't consider safe to remove it when i was on a small paddle boat. :)