PDA

View Full Version : Blooming Kaas

Amit Kalele
09-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Hi all,

Doc's post revived my kaas memories. its an amazing place during late september to mid october. Around 300 odd wild flower species are found there. Posting one from this wonderland. taken with D70s + 18-35ed if. iso 200, its a blend of two exposers, combined manually. C&C are most welcome.

Sabyasachi Patra
09-09-2010, 01:23 PM
One gets an idea that this place is full of colourful flowers and would love to trek there.

I feel the square composition doesn't do much of justice here and more space at the right would have been even better. The curved land strip looks nice and brings the attention to the bright reflection in the water. I wish the reflection were more in control.

The drama in the sky looks good and gives a nice feel.

If you are going to photograph landscapes, then better to get a set of Graduated Neutral Density filters. That would help you in controlling the bright skies.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
09-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Lovely colours. The reflection in the water enhances the image further. I agree a rectangular composition would also have looked nice, tried cropping the image at the bottom. Let me know what you think. Look forward to more.

Chitrita Chatterjee
09-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Such beautiful colors.....

thanks for sharing... :-)

Amit Kalele
13-09-2010, 10:22 AM
HI All,

Thanks for your words. Hmm I prefered this square from the original landscape frame. But anyway good to know how you guys liked it.

Regarding reflection, it was hard decision to leave it like that otherwise the grass blades and rocks in water were getting too dark. well I will try blending with some HDR software.

amit