View Full Version : Web of Confusion: Nature's Patterns

Ruben Alexander
11-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Exposure 0.033 sec (1/30)
Aperture f/14.0
Focal Length 154 mm
ISO Speed 800
Exposure Bias -1 EV

A larger version of the photo can be viewed at http://www.flickr.com/photos/the-wanderers-eye/4979194028/

Please give your feedback and suggestions. Thanks :)

Mrudul Godbole
11-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Nice composition. The water droplets look good. The background is nice. Is this image cropped or full frame? Were you hand holding? You can upload a image of higher quality upto 800 pixels at the longest side. The file size can be upto 300kb, so we can judge the image better.

We have recently increased the file size limits from 200kb to 300kb, so that people can upload better quality images. You will not find this in any other photosharing sites/egroups and forums. Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
13-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Nice image. Do you have any more compositions of this? Wondering how a more diagonal composition would look.
TFS

Sabyasachi Patra
15-09-2010, 07:24 PM
I like this image. It would have been good if you would have had higher depth of field and sharpness. Your shutter speed was already down to 1/30. Did you shoot handheld or did you use a tripod? The top right corner and the bottom left corner areas are not sharp. Else, it would have been even better. I like the overall idea. Keep on trying with different compositions.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
15-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Lovely image Ruben. I like the patterns and the interlaced droplets. The compartments formed look good. The smooth background enhances the composition. A slightly higher DOF with the help of a tripod would have been good. Thanks for sharing.

Ruben Alexander
20-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Thanks all for your suggestions and feedback.
hmmm.. alas I did not have a tripod with me at the time I took the shot :(
I have a B & W composition of the same. Will update it some time soon..