PDA

View Full Version : Gree Bee Eater!

Praveen Siddannavar
13-09-2010, 08:53 AM
Shot this in Bandipur over the weekend...

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/320
Av( Aperture Value ) 4
ISO 500
Focal length 500mm
20% Cropped for composition
Bean Bag support

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
13-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Great composition & shot.Always love to take photos of this bird.Thanks for sharing

Kalpa

Mrudul Godbole
13-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Beautiful composition. The eye contact and the colours are nice. You got them nicely perched. The depth of field is good. Very nicely photographed. Thanks for sharing. Any tiger luck this time?

Sabyasachi Patra
13-09-2010, 07:54 PM
The curved branches have come out well. You got the eye contacts with both of them well. Both the birds seem to be very close to the plane of focus. The 500mm seems to have opened up the world of bird photography for you. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
13-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Nice image. The colours look lovely. I feel the uncropped version (with more space all around?) would look better.
TFS

Praveen Siddannavar
13-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Thanks guys for the comments.

Abhishek - will post the full frame soon

Sabyasachi - I have got handle on 500mm, however still struggling with 7D, especially on focus points & which option to use, will contact you for it.

Mrudul - No tiger this time, however missed on several occasions, we sighted a gaur kill by tiger close to the safari track. However tried a lot to see the tiger probably he or she came to feast on the kill only during night. However JLR folks were able to see the tiger near the kill on Sunday evening, by then I was back in blore, so missed it this time:sad:

Nitin Choudhary
15-09-2010, 08:15 PM
nicely framed, good contact, nice colors..