PDA

View Full Version : Lion Tailed Macaque | Valparai

Bibhav Behera
13-09-2010, 10:01 PM
This was shot in Valparai.
Got some lovely moment with the Lion Tailed Macaques.

This one is a Full frame image.

Canon 1000D, Canon 300 f/4
SS 1/200
f/4
ISO 400

Comments and Critiques welcome...

Praveen Siddannavar
13-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Lovely portrait Bibhav, the eye contact is good. I feel the whites are blown out on the right.
tfs

Bibhav Behera
13-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Praveen, Do you mean that they are bright or that they are blown? I have checked, the whites are in control and not clipped.

Lakshminarayanan Nataraja
14-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Nice stare.

Primarily arboreal. Their food habits are choosy. They require undisturbed semievergreen, evergreen forests. Least studied.

Bibhav Behera
14-09-2010, 08:10 AM
They are pretty choosy about their food. But in Valparai, we did see a few of them going to garbage areas and picking up food from there. Also one went under a vehicle to pick up some garbage which was under it. Them getting used to humans and staying in such close proximities can actually be disastrous for them.

This article explains things a bit... http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4154

Sabyasachi Patra
14-09-2010, 11:33 AM
The stare is very nice. Do you have one with the full body?

Technically 255 means zero details. However, even if a few are at 244 it can show up as blown in the histogram. Also, if a small part of the area is blown during capture, you can't get any details there even though you recover it in post production.

In this case, the image uploaded here has bright areas which is very close to being blown. The mane in the right of the frame doesn't have as much details as on the left of the frame. Thanks for sharing.

Do you have any with narrow apertures like f5.6 if not f8?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
14-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the Explanation Sabyasachi. I do have ones at f/5.6 when i took shots with the TC attached... :) I have full body images as well. Will post them in due time.

I did shoot a couple at f/8 as well but they havent come out as sharp due to lower shutter speeds.

Mrudul Godbole
14-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Nice potrait. The eye contact is good. Look forward to more in the series.

V S Sankar
14-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Good picture Bibhav.The fellow is looking little sad........May be you didn't take enough pictures of the macaque!

Regards

Bibhav Behera
14-09-2010, 08:22 PM
The fellow is looking little sad........May be you didn't take enough pictures of the macaque!

Regards

Have taken loads of images of them. :)

Amit Kalele
16-09-2010, 09:04 AM
beautiful shot. but little too much empty space at top. i guess this will look great with real close crop.