PDA

View Full Version : Lion-tailed Macaque (Macaca silenus)

Akshay Kumar Manjunath
16-09-2010, 03:29 PM
This was photographed in Agumbe,

Canon 1000D
SS1/300
f4
SIGMA 70-300MM

regards,
Akshay

Praveen Siddannavar
16-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Wow! this is nice, he looks a bit worried.Nice display of its habitat.
tfs

Abhishek Jamalabad
16-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Lovely framing with the dense foliage. A little more sharpness would have been lovely. The worried look says a lot.
TFS

Sabyasachi Patra
16-09-2010, 10:16 PM
One can get some very nice philosophical looks from this species. It is good that you got the face without obstructions. A higher level of sharpness would have been good. Also, in these situations, you should try manual focus for finer focusing. Were you on a tree?

Bibhav Behera
16-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Akshay, I like the framing here. I dont mind the subject placement in the centre. The pose is nice. I would have liked a higher level of sharpness.
Same Qn as Sabyasachi: were you up on a tree?

Mrudul Godbole
16-09-2010, 10:47 PM
The mood captured speaks a lot. Agree with the above comments. Look forward to more in the series. Thanks for sharing.

Akshay Kumar Manjunath
17-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Dear All,
Thanks for your valuable comments,
I was travelling with a local guy towards Kundadri hills from Agumbe,
The guy told me that this lion tailed macaque is wondering this place from couple of days and he was all alone .

Initially i spotted him on the tree canopy , as i was on road couldn't capture him . I followed him for 1and half hour, Finally he came down got settled on a tree . I climbed the opposite mango tree and was able to be parallel to him.

It was drizziling and i was bit worried about my Gear , fortunately was able to take this picture.

totally it was a wonderful experience.

Regards,
Akshay

Sabyasachi Patra
17-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Akshay,
Interesting to hear your account. It is good to know that your patience helped in a better experience. Not everybody know how to climb trees, expecially with a camera. Anyone reading this is strongly advised to be careful while following in Akshay's footsteps. During my childhood days, one of my friends fell down from the tree infront of me and had to be rested for two days to get out of shock. Fortunately, he had fallen down in soft mud.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Atul Dhamankar
22-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Fantastic image.....