PDA

View Full Version : The Opera Singer

Bibhav Behera
21-09-2010, 08:38 AM
Another from Ranganathittu... This fellow thought it was Luciano Pavarotti when it found it had us for an audience. Was great to watch from very close quarters.
Amazing beautiful birds they are....

This is full frame. Processed in LR 3.2

Canon EOS 1000D, Canon EF 300mm f/4L IS USM + 1.4x Extender
SS 1/500 (-2/3 EC)
f/8
ISO 400

Comments and Critiques welcome.

Mrudul Godbole
21-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Lovely pose captured. The green background enhances the image further. The colours and the composition is nice. I hope it was not raising an alarm as you were quite near to him :). Thanks for sharing.

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
21-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Indeed looking like a opera singer :).Nice capture.Thanks for sharing.

Bibhav Behera
22-09-2010, 01:49 AM
Mrudul, I dont think it was, Because I remember it calling out to its mate only once after it flew to the same rock and they were there for some time with us around pretty close to them.

It was great fun to be so close to them. I wasnt sure if I should click or view the scene with my own eyes. :)

Sabyasachi Patra
22-09-2010, 08:11 PM
I have seen these terns being harassed by photographers. They have got a bit used to photographers in that sense. Still they raise alarm. If you see the entire body, then you will realise when they are getting alarmed.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Amit Kalele
23-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Nice shot with superb BG. I would like to see more of tern. Presently I feel there is too much open space. But what bothers me most is the eye, which is not visible clearly. he, looks like squinting. May be lighting it little bit would make it more visible.