PDA

View Full Version : Gaur

Mrudul Godbole
24-09-2010, 04:59 PM
This was photographed in Bandipur. It cossed the road in a hurry.

Canon 50D, 100-400mm L IS USM, ISO 400, 1/100, f5.0, hand held, full frame.

Comments and critiques welcome.

Bibhav Behera
24-09-2010, 06:59 PM
The pose looks nice. A bit more head turn in your direction would have been good. The saliva at the tip of the mouth adds to the image. Thanks for sharing.

PS: You back in Bangalore?

Roopak Gangadharan
24-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Mrudul you seem to making a lot of pics with only half the animal in the frame. Any reason (other than they being closeups)???
Regards
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
24-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Mrudul you seem to making a lot of pics with only half the animal in the frame. Any reason (other than they being closeups)???
Regards
Roopak

Closeups help in appreciating the features or helps in focussing on the subtle expressions. Saliva or froth in the mouth won't be prominent if we click full body image of a huge animal like gaur. Earlier I had posted the elephant charging images (closeup of the head), where I found the ear movement and its expressions very interesting.

This time in Bandipur, the sightings were quite close to the jeep. The Gaur crossed just infront of the jeep. The elephant too charged from a close distance so with my 100-400 mm lens, I tried to compose some meaning full closeups. There was a restriction too because of the focal length.

Bibhav, I am still in Scotland the stay is bit extended, will be back next month.

Sabyasachi Patra
24-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Light seems to be good. The droplets are a nice touch. The composition is fine. When someone is thinking about publishing an image in a story or article, it is important to get a wider perspective. In that situation, the photoshop addicts should remember not to artificially blur the background (I am not talking about this image).

I agree that closeups help in bringing out details which can be missed by the normal eye.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
25-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Nice close up Mrudul, the details have come out well. The bright light (sky) is distracting a bit.
tfs