Critiques welcome...

Full Frame

1000D, 300 f/4 + 1.4x
SS 1/640 (+0.7EC)
f/10
ISO 400

Sabyasachi Patra
26-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Tough to pull out a good composition with all these branches. I think, without the 300mm this would have been better. At the bottom of the frame, our mind immediately does the connection between the branches at the left. We feel that the branch on which the peacock is perched is connected with the tree on the left. In Psychology, it is known as the "Closure effect". Human mind tends to do the connection and close the loop.

In the other branches at the right, there doesn't appear to be any connection. So I feel a wider composition would have helped here. The depth of field is good.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
26-09-2010, 10:47 AM
In retrospection, I think I agree with you. Perhaps including the fork of the branches would have been better.

I need to get used to removing and attaching the TC more now. :)

Mrudul Godbole
26-09-2010, 04:38 PM
I agree including the fork would have been good. The perch is nice. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
26-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Never seen a Peacock in R'thittu, however have heard their calls. Agree that this is difficult to compose. It reminds me about a similar image that I had shot in 2005 with my small digital camera, while driving back from Ooty to Bandipur. A peacock was perched high up on the tree, I shall check if I have still retained the image, it will be interesting to get some experts comments:laugh:

Bibhav thanks for sharing & reminding about my image.