PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine and Shadows 2

Sabyasachi Patra
01-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve. This image is a sequel to the Sunshine and Shadows 1 image. You can view that image here: http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4813

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, 88 mm, f7.1, 1/640, ISO 400. Full frame image.

Look forward to your comments and critiques.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
01-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Nice walking pose. The raised paws look good. Sharp. It seems from this image, as if it was very calm and quiet around her, but I remember how ten gypys had crowded there and were racing back and forth :(. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
04-10-2010, 07:50 AM
Nice sharp shot Sabyasachi, apt title
tfs

Bibhav Behera
04-10-2010, 09:22 AM
The play of light and shadow looks good. The image is sharp. I would have liked an off centred view. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
06-10-2010, 12:06 PM
I wanted to show the play of shadows. I guess I am not successful. The lower half has got the shadow of an angled branch pointing towards the tiger. And then there is the shadow of the tiger at left which is again inline with the tree. Looks like I failed to make it powerful.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Nitin Choudhary
06-10-2010, 01:00 PM
woah.. its always a new experience to see this species..
image is good.. a little underexposed i think.. L-R composition wud have worked better than center.
Can anyone teme how to distinguish the gender by lukin at the face or body?

Roopak Gangadharan
07-10-2010, 01:39 PM
This is nice. Somehow i liked the second image in the initial post better

Is the tiger is on the edge of a curve on the dirt track which is sloping to the right. If so wont getting the entire curve and some part of the dirt track into focus also look good???? TFS

Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
07-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Nitin,
The female tigers are smaller than the males. Generally the head of a male is larger. Otherwise there is no distinguishing feature apart from the obvious.

The exposure is deliberate to accentuate the shadow.

Roopak,
The tiger was close. If I would have used a wider angle, there was a chance of getting bright highlights and a chance of getting a jeep in frame. Vehicles were moving like crazy when this tigress was walking.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Nitin Choudhary
07-10-2010, 08:39 PM
okay.. got that.. thank you