PDA

View Full Version : Wounded Little Cormorant

Ranbir Mahapatra
03-03-2009, 12:17 PM
The little cormorant is amongst my favorite birds. Extremely energetic, stylish, spunky and agile, these birds have quite a character.

This cormorant was perhaps wounded and was waddling on the foot path abutting the Nelapattu lake. I followed it for sometime, till it slipped into the thick shrub and into the lake. I was pleasantly surprised to find a gap in the fence through which the cormorant had slipped.

I managed to slip to the shore of the lake through this gap without creating too much of a alarm amongst the flock of birds (the next post). Watched the cormorant for over 15 mins peacefully!

Tech Spec:
f5.6, 1/800, ISO 200

Sabyasachi Patra
03-03-2009, 07:47 PM
You got some tough lighting situations. It is always difficult to got exposure right of these black birds. I like the composition. The shadow of the barbed wire fence on the right and the dark portion in the front frames the image nicely.

In this image, it would have looked great if you could have had a hint of fill flash, just to get a catchlight in the eyes.

A lower angle would have been good. I would have advised you to lie flat on your belly. That would have given you a very intimate image.

Mrudul Godbole
15-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Nice image. Agree with the comments above. Thanks for sharing.