PDA

View Full Version : Live with this...

Praveen Siddannavar
07-10-2010, 08:32 AM
This is the new female that I sighted last week at Bandipur, posted few images yesterday and day before. She walked and walked on the track but never turned back.We followed her for about 15 mins or so and let her go in peace. Sometimes we have to Live with this and be satisfied:).

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/125
Av( Aperture Value ) 4
ISO 800
Focal length 500mm
Not sure if this one is handheld or with bean bag support, as few shots I did handheld and few with bean bag support, the camera doesn't records this unfortunately

Sabyasachi Patra
07-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Watching a tiger moving peacefully in the jungle is one of the most beautiful sights. I would prefer this rather than the tiger turning back to snarl for a "photo op". There is an out of focus area at the right edge of the frame. Without it, the image would have been strengthened.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
07-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Nice composition. Its nice that you let her walk in peace and followed her at a comfortable distance. Since she was quite comfortable, she kept walking on the road, else she would have disappered in the bushes. The habitat looks nice. Agree about the OOF area at the right. Thanks for sharing.

Prashanth Gokul Dwarapu
09-10-2010, 04:01 PM
While I agree with Sabyasachi that watching a tiger that is at peace with its surroundings is good, I tend to think that this not the ideal situation. A tiger in the presence of man is better off being wary and watchful and not trusting too much.

We as tourists have this responsibility on us to ensure that we do not get too close any animal in the wild especially the ones that seem comfortable in our presence. We never know if we unknowingly develop a tendency in the animal to lose the natural distrust of humans which could result in them becoming easier targets to poachers and speeding vehicles.

Sabyasachi Patra
09-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Prashanth,
I understand your concerns. The tigers in some of the better protected National parks get used to human beings in jeeps. In such a situation a poacher can as well get close to the tiger. Ofcourse, that would be a risky situation for the poacher. They prefer to use snares/traps and even are known to mercelessly club the tigers caught in the snares, to avoid a bullet hole in the skin.

Chitrita Chatterjee
21-10-2010, 01:56 PM
envy you the moments.... !!! :-) agree with sabyasachi, rather have this tranquil feel in an image rather thn a Tiger being hounded for 'Good' pictures....
thanks for sharing.