View Full Version : The great white pelican

Nitin Choudhary
07-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Nikon D3000
270mm
f5.6
1/400s
ISO 100

I am not very good with editing. please tell me how to resize the image to 800*800

Goutham Dikshith
07-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Nice image nitin , nice eye contact . You can use adobe photoshop to resize the image . If you have it now then just click on Image tab and under that , click on Image size . There you go . Thanks for sharing

Mrudul Godbole
08-10-2010, 01:41 PM
The colours and eye contact is nice. I would prefer to use Digital Photo Professional the software which comes along with Canon or Adobe Lightroom which is specifically designed for Photographers.

In both these softwares, when you export the images to convert to .jpeg, you can specify the option in the 'Resize -' to 800* 533 and keep the quality to around 60-70 and then click export.

Which software are you using presently?

Nitin Choudhary
08-10-2010, 05:18 PM
thanks for the comments...
I use lightroom and nikon view NX to resize..
please tell me what is a record shot and keepers shot???

Sabyasachi Patra
09-10-2010, 09:23 AM
We click thousands of images and later on rank and evaluate them. The badly focussed, or images with shake or images without critical sharpness, with lot of distractions etc are trashed immediately. There can be a few images which are very good and like your family jewels - to be treasured. Those are popularly referred as keepers.

When we witness some good action, or rare bird etc and try to capture it for the sake of documentation without the image being very good, we refer those as record shots. The image serves as a record of an event or action etc.

When you are getting initiated into photography, every photograph will appear like a keeper. As you shoot more and more, you will be replacing your keepers with better ones.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Nitin Choudhary
09-10-2010, 12:32 PM
thanks you bhaiya..
so a record shot i considered a record shot by a photographer or by the whole photographers comumnity? like a know very few birds and have very less idea about which bird is rare to find.. So any new bird for me would be a record shot for me?

Praveen Siddannavar
10-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Lovely image, the colors have come out well
tfs