PDA

View Full Version : Marsh Crocodile

Goutham Dikshith
07-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Had a perfect morning . Went to ranganthittu early morning by 7. Did some whole hearted birding . Came across this mugger while boating . He was lazily gazing at the birds . Tried a lower angle shot . But i see that i could have avoided that straw of dried grass , sorry .

specs :
cam : Nikon L110 ( Hand held compact )
F/5.4
1/137 sec
ISO 400
+0.3 ec

Mrudul Godbole
08-10-2010, 01:48 PM
It is nice that you tried a low angle. Agree with you about the grass blade too. Next time you will knowingly try to avoid the distractions. In this image, I would have preffered a bit higher angle to get more of the crocodile, as presently the attention is drawn to the twigs in the foreground. The teeth look nice. Did you try any other angle? Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
08-10-2010, 03:37 PM
It is aware of your presence. I agree that the stick mars the view a bit. The low angle is good. How big a crop is this? A horizontal with the full budy would have also worked.

Goutham Dikshith
08-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Thank for your valuable comments mrudul :-) . Sabyasachi sir .. this is a full frame image , and i couldnt get any other angle as it was on a higher ground , and i was on the boat . It was 4 feet away from me.

Bibhav Behera
10-10-2010, 01:15 PM
I like the low angle here. The stick is a bit of a distraction. I like the tooth coming out from its nostrils. A slightly higher angle would have been good as pointed out by Mrudul. Thanks for sharing.

Saurabh Bhatia
10-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Lovely Animal, Lovely shot

but 4 feet distance???:001_unsure:

I mean crocs can cover that distance in about half a second, buddy:blink:
That was a daredevil act :-)