PDA

View Full Version : Nilgiri Tahr

Praveen Siddannavar
19-10-2010, 09:01 AM
Shot this Nilgiri Tahr at Eravikulam National Park, near Munnar. The weather was not in our favor and the place was packaged with tourists. First time when we went, we returned back without entering the park as there was only one safari vehicle plying with ~800+ tourist waiting in Q. Second day we tried our luck again same conditions infact the tourists were even more, but 4 safari vehicles were plying, the actual should have been 6. We had to wait for almost hour and half or more. After reaching the top point, my younger daughter (Archana) didn't want to walk as the weather was terrible:thumbdown:. So I took few shots from a distance and this is one from the few. But the place is heaven with beautiful landscape views.

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm + 1.4x TC
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/320
Av( Aperture Value ) 7.1
ISO 400
Focal length 700mm
Full Frame
Monopod

Atul Dhamankar
19-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Fantastic shot. habitat looks very nice.

Roopak Gangadharan
19-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Nice image, the habitat has come out well , eye contact is good.I would ve cropped slightly from the Top and Right.

Regards
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
19-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Nice pose and eye contact. The details are good. Its good you got some good images of the Tahr. Is there always so much rush to see the Nilgiri Tahr? Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
19-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the comments.

Roopak - will try your suggestions

Mrudul - I am not sure how crowded it is in other seasons, I landed up during holiday period hence could have been over crowded. However my gut feel is, it may be crowded throughout the year except peak monsoons. Sankar provide more info on this.

Bibhav Behera
20-10-2010, 09:37 AM
I like this image better than the repost. The habitat is shown nicely here. I would have included a tad more at the bottom. Thanks for sharing.

V S Sankar
21-10-2010, 10:09 PM
First off all beautiful image of the Tahr.Fantastic.The habitat has come out nicely.

Now,you are one lucky photographer.....!You could able to see the tahr on your first trip to Eravikulam NP!

It seems the tourists throng this place all throughout the year now a days.Most of them on seeing the tahr may may just say "oh..this is only a goat!Have we come all the way to see this?!"

But that's how most tourists feel about them.

Praveen I dont know what time you reached the park.Try to reach there before 8AM and catch the first bus to the park.

Good photo nonetheless.....

Regards