PDA

View Full Version : Sundown On The Beach

Udai Bisht
04-03-2009, 08:56 PM
This shot was taken some time back in JPEG format.

I was walking on the beach in Calicut when I saw these strange looking objects protruding from the sea. These, plus the sky (sun behind the cloud), made me click this photo.

After I looked at the photo on the computer, I realised the horizon was cutting the frame right in the middle. Wanted to know whether this is bothersome and taking away from the pic?

450D
EFS 18-55mm IS
f/5.6
1/1600
ISO 200

Sabyasachi Patra
04-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Udai,
An interesting image. You did well in spotting this scene. The horizon is dividing this image into two nearly equal halves. However, this image is different as the horizon is mostly covered by those strange objects. Don't know what those objects are. They create an interesting pattern and act as leading lines, leading your eyes into the picture.

The only place where the horizon is clear is at the left of the scene. If you could have moved to your right, then you would have given a little more space at the right. So less of space would have been there on the left side.

To conclude the horizon doesn't bother me so much in this image. Rather what bothers me is the tight framing at the right. Good effort.

Udai Bisht
04-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Thanks Sabyasachi. Actually I had to crop this image from the right as I had caught a guy in the frame. Forgot the basic thing to look at the corners in the view finder before releasing the shutter!

Mrudul Godbole
05-03-2009, 11:14 AM
I liked the composition.The colour of the sky has also come out well, with some reflection on the water.

Nice shot.

Sumanth Sharma
17-05-2009, 11:00 PM
It could be termed as a wide-screen silhouette !!

Well done.