PDA

View Full Version : Jackal - bharatpur

Sabyasachi Patra
28-10-2010, 09:51 PM
An early morning in Keoladeo bird sanctuary, Bharatpur. I had to wait for about twenty odd mins for these jackals to wake up. The rickshaw puller told me not to leave the road as the park authorities have stopped people from going off road due to the presence of a tiger. :-( I could have easily moved closer and removed the 2x TC.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, Canon EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM, EF 2xII, ISO 800, f13, 1/200, full frame image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
29-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Lovely light. I like the intense stare. The background is nice and smooth. A bit less space at the bottom would be good. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
29-10-2010, 01:27 PM
The vertical composition looks good. The eye contact is nice. Has he got something in his mouth? I am fine with the present composition, with space to move at the bottom and there are no distractions to remove. Look forward to more from Bharatpur.

Roopak Gangadharan
29-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Nice image.BG and colours are nice.Seems to have something in its mouth.

Are the Jackals in the north bigger than the ones in south??? or is it because of the thicker coat.

TFS
Roopak

Praveen Siddannavar
01-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Wow! Lovely sighting. I agree with Bibhav on composition.
tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
02-11-2010, 07:31 AM
Roopak,
The ones in bharatpur actually appear bigger then their southern cousins. It was cleaning up its coat and picked up a leaf (I think) and then carried it for sometime in its mouth as if it is a toothbrush (sorry for attributing human like traits :) ).

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Rahul Parekh
03-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Dear Sabyasachi,

Beautiful capture. Me too agree with others on composition with less bottom area. Re: Mouth with Grass. I think carnivorous do eat grass as medicine. Please correct me if I'm wrong..I've seen lion eating grass so this is same with this jackal too :)

All best wishes,

Cheers, Rahul

Atul Dhamankar
07-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Very nice image.....