PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Pawan Jit Singh
06-03-2009, 12:37 AM
Hi,my name is Pawan jit singh currently living in Ohio U.S.A.While in India i was an avid wildlife watcher besides being interested in shikar which is a big no no,lol frankly wildlife management and game laws in India were nothing but a bloody joke,I hope things have changed for the better and will continue to change for the better.This forum helps bring back great memories and education to me.I am also interested in asiatic archery and the reconstruction of bows of India using the original techniques developed in ancient times.
Thanks for the great pictures,
Pawan

Mrudul Godbole
06-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Hi,

It was nice to know about you.It is good to hear that you keep visiting the site and you liked the photos uploaded by all the members.

It would be really good, if you could post your comments and feedbacks on the photos and also let all of us know about your views on the topics in other sections like Conservation,Wilderness Updates and Tips. That will help encourage all of us to keep posting more.

Looking forward to see more from you.

Cheers

Sabyasachi Patra
07-03-2009, 12:26 AM
Hi Pawan,
I wish wildlife management were a bit better. I am sure we all can do something about it.
Good to know about your interests in Archery especially about ancient techniques. Can we see the face of the man who has such esoteric interests?

PS: Your archery brought back child hood memories of trying to fire arrows from makeshift bows and ward away langurs. Can't stop myself from laughing. :-)

Pawan Jit Singh
07-03-2009, 09:01 PM
This is me and my son Naraian

Vikram Gupchup
18-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Hi Pawan,

Nice to know about you and your love for acrhery.
What types of bows do you make?

Pawan Jit Singh
19-03-2009, 05:30 PM
So far I have made a few self bows one composite based on the asiatic mongol design,I am working on another based on the Korean design and I am waiting on materials for a mughal crabbow and making a turkish bow as well,Are you interestedn archery as well?

Mohammed Raheel
20-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Hi PAwan,
Do you have any pictures of the mentioned bows?
I would alos like to know the difference in them and their effectivity :)
I have seen loads of youtude videos on bow making in US.
Unfortunately people use them to shoot innocent unsuspecting animals, too depressing.

Vikram Gupchup
21-03-2009, 11:06 AM
I am not into archery , but I do have an interest in primitive technology . esp about the use of different raw materials . I have a couple of friends who are archeologists and I have a toolroom . So we have discussions on how things could have been done.
Did make a few bows in school , But it was more fun making a good catapult & shooting one rupee coins from 15 -20 feet.