PDA

View Full Version : Indian Robin (Male)#1

Praveen Siddannavar
09-11-2010, 08:01 AM
Shot this Robin near Masinagudi on Bandipur -Ooty route. We had a great time with this guy, was able to shoot courtship display images as well. Will share them soon:001_smile:

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm + 1.4x TC
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/80
Av( Aperture Value ) 8
ISO 250
Focal length 700mm
Small crop ~ 10%
Beanbag Support

Mrudul Godbole
09-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Lovely background. Nice perch and eye contact. Look forward to more in the series. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
09-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Slight head turn/twist would have enhanced the eye contact. The background is nicely diffused. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
09-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Sabyasachi I didn't understand which way head turn you are expecting, towards me or away.
I have attached another image with more head turn, not sure if you were expecting this. Pl let me know

Sabyasachi Patra
09-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Praveen,
I should have elaborated on the comment. There are two things here in this image - head turn and head twist. By twist I mean to say upwards or downwards. Turn means rotating the head.

In the original post the head was turned/twisted upwards. If the head would have remained in the same position but just turned downwards instead of turned skywards, then the image would have been better. For eg. when we get our photograph clicked in a studio (for the visa requirements), the head has to be positioned correctly, else reflection of the studio lights ruin the image.

Birds will look up down, left and right etc as per their requirements and their sweet will. As photographers, we are concerned about the eye contact and the reflection that comes out of the eye.

In the second image the head is turned away. I hope I haven't confused you. :D

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
09-11-2010, 09:25 PM
It was confusing for while:confused1: and I had to read your comment twice:001_smile:, however my understanding is clear...Finally!:o
Thanks