PDA

View Full Version : Bandipur Tiger in B&W

Sabyasachi Patra
11-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Bandipur Tiger Reserve.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, Canon EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM, full frame image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
11-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Nice environment photograph. The b/w composition gives a nice feel to the image. I would have liked to include more of the background than the foreground, any particular reasons for the present composition? Thanks for sharing.

V S Sankar
11-11-2010, 01:24 PM
"Hey Sabya....Is that you?"

The tiger seem to be enquring!

Nice and different photo and the B&W posting has come out nice.

Regards

Praveen Siddannavar
11-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Nice sighting Sabyasachi, I would prefer this image in color:001_smile:, to me bw treatment doesn't appeal at least for this animal.
tfs

Sandesh Astgikar
11-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Nice one like the pose
But is it looking at you?

Anuradha Nautiyal
11-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Hi Sabyasachi, The environment looks nice ..but I feel that the B&W treatment on this one has resulted in some loss of details on the tiger (unlike the other elephant image you had posted earlier where the elephant was standing out even in B&W) - even then a tiger never loses its majesty ;-)

TFS
Anu

Sabyasachi Patra
11-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Praveen,
I will post an colour version later.

Sandesh,
The rain had just stopped and I saw something walking ahead and then realised that it was a tiger. The driver could not spot it. :) I then asked him to move closer and the tiger stopped and turned and watched me trying to handhold the 400mm. :) I asked the driver to stop and clicked a few images. Tried for environmental portrait, so didn't attach the converter.

Anuradha,
I think slightly less foreground would have brought in more emphasis on the tiger.

I think elephant skin gives very nice texture to the image and it helps in standing out. Ofcourse, the details have to be captured. In this case, the tiger is much smaller in the frame and is against the light as well.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Akshay Kumar Manjunath
12-11-2010, 08:51 AM
Nice Composition,
The B/W looks good,
i think the belly is bulged , is she pregnant or she had a meal.

Mrudul Godbole
12-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Nice Composition,
The B/W looks good,
i think the belly is bulged , is she pregnant or she had a meal.

Akshay, It is a male tiger called Agastya. Yes he looks quite bulged, maybe he had a heavy meal.

Bibhav Behera
12-11-2010, 01:49 PM
I love the scape. I might be tempted to take a bit off the bottom. Thanks for sharing.

Akshay Kumar Manjunath
12-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Akshay, It is a male tiger called Agastya. Yes he looks quite bulged, maybe he had a heavy meal.

Oh is it, okay . hey you guys have a track of all the tigers is it.

Prashanth Gokul Dwarapu
14-11-2010, 12:26 PM
From the angle which it was facing you the tiger looks to be bow-legged, is that so or are its legs normal? It reminds me of a bulldog:001_smile:

Sabyasachi Patra
14-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Prashanth,
I had never heard anyone compare a tiger with bulldog. :) This tiger is a bit stocky and one can notice that from a distance.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Prashanth Gokul Dwarapu
15-11-2010, 11:21 PM
I guess I conveyed it wrongly, what I meant was that the tiger's legs look curved like those of a bulldog. I didnt mean to compare a tiger with a bulldog!!:blush:

Vishwanath M K
23-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Nice Picture !