PDA

View Full Version : Indian Gaur/Bandipur

Praveen Siddannavar
13-11-2010, 07:36 AM
from my recent trip to Bandipur, i photographed this quite early in the morning under low light.

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/200
Av( Aperture Value ) 4
ISO 1600
Focal length 500mm
Full frame
Beanbag Support

Gautam Biswas
13-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Dear Praveen,
The image is very nice, correct exposure, sharp focus, catchlight in the eyes and the gaur looking at the viewer. However, I would suggest you consider cropping some part off the right of the image to bring the eyes of the gaur in the upper third of the image. This I believe will improve the composition of the image.

Gautam Biswas
14-11-2010, 02:19 AM
Dear Praveen,
I would suggest you consider cropping some part off the right of the image to bring the eyes of the gaur in the upper third of the image.

I meant the intersection of the upper and right thirds of the image.

Mrudul Godbole
14-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Nice composition. It is good that you used ISO 1600, that has helped to get more details. The eye contact and the colours have come out well. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
14-11-2010, 06:15 PM
I agree with Gautam regarding an offcentre composition. Moving the camera to the left ie. selecting an AF point from the outer right side bunch of AF points would have been good. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
15-11-2010, 10:00 AM
I agree with the composition suggestion made. The stare is nice. Very often one can tend to blow the whites in the nose area when exposing for the body. But here it is well controlled. Thanks for sharing.