PDA

View Full Version : Jumping off the cliff

Mrudul Godbole
15-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Canon 50D, 100-400mm L IS USM, 1/1250, f6.3, ISO 400, hand held, full frame.

Comments and critiques welcome..

Sandesh Astgikar
15-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Nice one :)
Sir
is -1 EX Comp and ISO 200 Can make shot even better with same shutter speed ?

Sabyasachi Patra
15-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Nice wing stretch. The tree nicely frames the bird. I agree with the composition.

Sandesh,
She has clicked this image at ISO 400, f6.3, 1/1250.

ISO 200 is one stop lower than ISO 400. Assuming this is clicked in Av mode (aperture priority mode), changing the ISO to 200 from 400 will reduce the shutter speed to 1/640. However, Giving exposure compensation of -1 will ensure the shutter speed again at the original 1/1250.

However, the image will be underexposed by one stop as compared to this image. So the dark areas will be darker. The top dark portion (shadow), under the tail and the shadow portions will be darker. Even in this image, the top patch doesn't have details in the black. When you underexpose, the dark portions will have more noise, even though you are using a lower ISO. The reason being in digital one should expose more to the right so that maximum amount of data is captured in the image.

The whites will also be underxposed by one stop. So the brightness will be reduced.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
16-11-2010, 08:39 AM
The wing spread is nice Mrudul, did you photograph this in Ranthambhore? Is the Vulture sharpening its beak?, looks like that to me.
tfs

Bibhav Behera
16-11-2010, 09:37 AM
The wingspread looks nice. This looks like Ramnagar. Would have liked the bird to be slightly less centred in this case. A small -ve exposure compensation might have brought out more details in the whites near the thighs. Thanks for sharing.
You back in Bangalore?

Mrudul Godbole
16-11-2010, 10:34 AM
did you photograph this in Ranthambhore? Is the Vulture sharpening its beak?, looks like that to me.
tfs

Praveen, This is photographed in Ramnagar. It suddenly just spread its wing and jumped from near the tree to the small cave just below it. Will post the other image in the series soon.

Bibhav, Ya came back on 31st Oct. Photographed this on this weekend.