PDA

View Full Version : Bandipur tiger - side profile

Sabyasachi Patra
15-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Panthera tigris tigris - Bandipur Tiger Reserve.

This is the same tiger as seen in the previous black and white image. I moved a bit closer and clicked it. It had perhaps lost interest after looking at us for sometime and decided to move away.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, Canon EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM, ISO 800, f3.5, 1/320, handheld.

I try to minimise manmade elements in the frame. However, in this case, I used more of the road.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
16-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Nice sighting, he seems quite healthy and well fed. Somehow the tiger images that you posted of Bandipur don't seem like those of Agastya. I have seen and photographed him on several occasions, he is not in such great shape.
tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
16-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Praveen,
I don't know the names given by people. Personally I don't favour naming animals like human beings. I had seen this tiger earlier. The people in the resort told me that it is Agastya. However, from their body language I felt they were not very sure. This tiger is short, stocky, and bulky ("lower ground clearance" if you may use a SUV term or car industry terminology :) )

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
16-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Nice enviornment photograph. I liked the way the road leads to the tiger. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
16-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Agree Sabyasachi, ideally the identification of tigers should be done by the forest officials, since they don't do our folks from JLR are trying to indentify by naming the tigers & in the process most times they get confused.

This tiger surely has a low ground clearance like my Honda City:)

Bibhav Behera
17-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Surely is a huge guy. Short and stocky. Wonder if this image would look good in B/W as well. Thanks for sharing.