PDA

View Full Version : Wild Dog

Abhishek Jamalabad
21-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Back from a trip to Tadoba. No luck with tigers (probably due to 2 routes in the park being closed), but had a great time nevertheless.

This was shot in the early morning low light.
Camera Model Name Canon PowerShot SX10 IS
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv (Shutter Speed) 1/60
Av (Aperture Value) 5.7
Exposure Compensation -1/3
ISO Speed 400
Cropped from the left and bottom for composition and sharpened a bit.

Thanks, C&C awaited.

Praveen Siddannavar
21-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Nice shot Abhishek, the composition is nice. The mix of dry and fresh grass gives a nice feeling to the whole setting. The shutter speed is low, you could have bumped up the iso.

Were you aware about the route closures before you departed to Tadoba? Any specific reasons for the route closures. It is unfortunate that you could not see a tiger.
tfs

Abhishek Jamalabad
21-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Praveen,
I know that tigers are sighted in Tadoba more during the summer, and that they are uncommon just after the monsoons. Went on anyway to try and see whatever I could :). Came to know about the route closure through a newspaper article while I was on the train to Chandrapur :-P. It's due to the tigress in the area sustaining leg injuries during a hunt. Officials say the injury is not serious, but the routes were closed nevertheless as she has young cubs.
So didn't see tigers, but still had a good time. Many first sightings for me, especially birds.
By the way, these were my first dholes as well. :)

Mrudul Godbole
23-11-2010, 05:39 PM
There is nice early morning misty feel to the image. Wish the light was better so you could have had a higher shutter speed. Looks like it smelt something. Was there any action after this image? Good to know that you had a great time with lot of first sightings. Look forward to more from Tadoba. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
23-11-2010, 09:45 PM
I agree with the previous comments. I am sure you will see the dholes closer and in better light next time. It is always interesting watching the dholes. Did you see it before entering the gate?

Bibhav Behera
24-11-2010, 01:17 PM
I like the composition. The light seems low. Including the shrub on the right was nice as it balances the composition. Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
24-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Thanks everyone.
Mrudul: There were two of them. Maybe they did smell something, they went off into the forest in a hurry. Didn't witness any action as such.
Sabyasachi: Saw them a few minutes after entering the Tadoba Gate. They passed quite close to the vehicle, and I did get some closer shots, but composition-wise I liked this one the most.