PDA

View Full Version : Savanna Nightjar

Abhishek Jamalabad
22-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Photographed at Tadoba. Lit by vehicle headlamps.

Camera Model Name Canon PowerShot SX10 IS
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv (Shutter Speed) 0.4
Av (Aperture Value) 7.1
Exposure Compensation -1
ISO Speed 200
Full frame.

Had to shoot from this angle to get better eye contact, so couldn't avoid the shadow. I guess it is a distraction. :(

Thanks, C&C awaited.

Tushar Dixit
22-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Lovely shot! These guys are first difficult to spot (unless on road) and so photographs are bonus :) Nice eye contact and details. Shadow is actually adding the contrast. You may try removing it by cloning in PS or LR. I love their call too - creates nice spooky feeling in the night :)

Praveen Siddannavar
23-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Nice one Abhishek, during my visit i missed this on several occasions and could not get a single image.
tfs

Bibhav Behera
23-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Nice sharp image Abhishek. Good job at the exposure.
I do think that the shadow is a bit distracting. Did u up the contrast a bit? as the gravel looks a bit odd. I am fine with the angle though. Maybe a little lower would have helped as well. Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
23-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Thanks all.
Bibhav: I changed the grey levels by a couple of units. So yes, the contrast is slightly increased. As for the angle- shot this using a tripod, and this was the lowest my tripod could go. The ground was too uneven, couldn't get a good angle by placing the camera down.

Mrudul Godbole
23-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Its good you could photograph it. I am still waiting :(. The eye contact is fine. The details look good. I am fine with the shadow. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
25-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Abhishek,
It would have been good if you could have placed the camera on the ground. The background would have been thrown out of focus. From this angle, the road is visible. Overall, looks good.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi