PDA

View Full Version : River Tern (Sterna aurantia)

Sandesh Astgikar
23-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Canon 7D,
Sigma 50-500mm f4-6.3
AV-8,TV 500,ISO 800,
Shot at kokkarebellur.

Tushar Dixit
23-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Nice shot, Sandesh! Composition is good and light is nice & soft. A bit of low angle and less space at the bottom (if it's a crop) would have worked. I will reduce the highlights (or burn), add saturation (mainly the beak) and sharpen the image a bit more.

One of the difficult birds to expose and you have done really well. One on top of my wishlist this season. TFS.

Regards,
Tushar

Sandesh Astgikar
23-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Thank you Tushar

Abhishek Jamalabad
24-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Nice shot. Agree that less space at the bottom and more on top would look good.
TFS

Mrudul Godbole
24-11-2010, 01:55 PM
The head turn and the eye contact is nice. Agree about the space. The exposure and the details look good. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
24-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Lovely image & well controlled exposure. Agree with comments, especially on less space at bottom and increasing the saturation since the beak has lost its charm. Normally we are used seeing RT's beak with striking yellow color
tfs

Sandesh Astgikar
24-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Thank you friends
Agree with the comments
But experiment was to shoot the bird when light falling from the opposite side.
Do anybody had shoot bird in such situation where light falling from the side.
To keep the Colour tonicity of the wings and stone i reduced a bit of saturation.

Sabyasachi Patra
24-11-2010, 09:04 PM
The side lighting brings out the form better in the image. However, the details in the face in birds doesnt come out well due to the shadows. In this case the head is turned and facing the light, so you have got details in the face. Else, it becomes difficult to get the details on the shadow side of the head.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi