PDA

View Full Version : Little Grebe

Tushar Dixit
26-11-2010, 10:43 PM
One of the cuties of the water world - here in breeding plumage. I find them funny due to their call. It sounds like a laughter in fast forward or horse whinnying. Little Grebe is an excellent swimmer and diver and pursues its fish and aquatic invertebrate prey underwater. They are agile and quickly vanish underwater without any trace. Dr. Salim Ali mentions in his book that when fired at with a shotgun, these birds vanish even before a charge can reach them! Now that's fast :001_smile:

Clicked in Pune with EOS 7D with 400mm f/5.6L @ f/7.1, 1/125, ISO 500 with bean bag support. Hope to click them again this season. C&C most welcome!

Sabyasachi Patra
27-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Nice image with a clean background. I find these to swim pretty fast. Once I was trying to film these and found I had to pan pretty fast. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
27-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Nice composition. The eye contact is good. The water drops on the back give a nice touch to the image. The reflection adds to the composition. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
27-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Nice shot and good write up.Clean Bg and nice pose. I have recently seen one dive under water with the chicks on piggy back and surface with the chicks intact.
TFS
Roopak

Praveen Siddannavar
27-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Wow! Beautiful shot Tushar.
tfs