PDA

View Full Version : Tiger, Bandhavgarh

Aditya Panda
10-03-2009, 11:33 PM
One of the young Mirchaini cubs. This guy was about 15-18 months old when I shot this image, in October last. He seemed to be quite a bold and inquisitive fellow. This was made with my erstwhile workhorse- a Tamron 75-300 f/4-5.6 LD AF.

EXIF:

PENTAX K 10D
Tamron 75-300 f/4-5.6 LD AF
Aperture priority
Focal length: 240mm
Tv: 1/60 sec
Av: f/5.6
Exposure Compensation: -0.3 Ev
Sensitivity: ISO 400
Spot Metering

A full frame image.

Cheers,
Aditya

Sabyasachi Patra
11-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Aditya,
You were quiet close. The light was low. The sharpness is ok despite photographing at 1/60 sec. I like the low angle. Both the eyes are blocked by the bamboo leaves to varying degrees. I wish you could have moved just a bit to the right. The left eye would have come in the clearing.

Aditya Panda
11-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Aditya,
You were quiet close. The light was low. The sharpness is ok despite photographing at 1/60 sec. I like the low angle. Both the eyes are blocked by the bamboo leaves to varying degrees. I wish you could have moved just a bit to the right. The left eye would have come in the clearing.

Thanks. I used a bean bag, which in combination with Shake Reduction saved the sharpness... there was absolutely no chance for either me or the Gypsy to budge, the entire place was packed, almost a circus. I must admit that although satisfying photographically, my experience was marred to a great extent with so many tourists packed in there :mad:

Sabyasachi Patra
11-03-2009, 11:00 PM
I can understand. I have faced the situation many times. That is why in my last year bandhavgarh trip, out of 16 days I didn't click anything for about 6 days or so. I just ran away from the madding crowd. After some time you will realise that there is no point in clicking tiger crossing the road, looking left or looking at right side. :-)

I love the prey density in Bandhavgarh and the good road network inside the forest. I understand, this year they are limiting the number of jeeps. Was it taken in the morning or evening?

Aditya Panda
11-03-2009, 11:41 PM
I can understand. I have faced the situation many times. That is why in my last year bandhavgarh trip, out of 16 days I didn't click anything for about 6 days or so. I just ran away from the madding crowd. After some time you will realise that there is no point in clicking tiger crossing the road, looking left or looking at right side. :-)

I love the prey density in Bandhavgarh and the good road network inside the forest. I understand, this year they are limiting the number of jeeps. Was it taken in the morning or evening?

That's it- if I'm ever going to Bandhavgarh again, I'm going with you!

This was in late evening. Have a few more keepers, will post them soon.

Kiran Ghadge
13-03-2009, 12:25 PM
thats really amazing image, the blurred leaves give nice feel to image. it give you the wild feel....

Vikram Gupchup
16-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Nice image Aditya.

The crowd situation in bandhavgarh is quite pathetic. One reasion why I went to kanha in feb this year. We got to see just one tigeress, but the jungles were divine and we could observe wildlife at peace. They actually had to cancel a tiger show as there were too few bookings!Less than 25 jeeps in the park!

But its a jungle out there and anything can happen. We had the privilege to share almost 15 minutes with b2 last year, at the peak of the tourist season with just one more gypsy on the road.