PDA

View Full Version : Black buck/Maidenhalli

Praveen Siddannavar
27-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Shot this small group of black buck at Maidenhalli this morning, the light was extremely low.

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/640
Av( Aperture Value ) 4
ISO 3200
Focal length 500mm
Full Frame
Beanbag Support

Sabyasachi Patra
27-11-2010, 08:33 PM
I wish the light was better so that you could have used a narrow aperture. I think some more space at the top and less at the bottom would have been better. How big was this group? Did you get to see any males?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
27-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Thanks Sabyasachi, we sighted few herds size ranging from 5-10 and also I did get quite a few males. It was nice to see them, I never had opportunity to sight Blackbucks before. However the weather has been dull, overcast and cloudy. Will post other images soon.

Mrudul Godbole
27-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Good sighting. It is good they all are moving in one direction. The eye contact is nice. Agree with Sabyasachi's comments. So how is the place? Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
27-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks Mrudul, the place is very nice. But the roads to reach this place is horrible. So unless the roads are done no point in visiting this place. Birding was dull no raptors whatsoever. Few common birds like pipit, shrikes, doves, our dear friend drongo:laugh:, KF's and others. Due to low light I couldn't take birds images.

Bibhav Behera
29-11-2010, 10:24 AM
The grassscape looks nice. Am on an uncalibrated monitor, so nt sure how it looks but here the contrast looks like it can be turned up a notch.